Monday, 17 March 2014

Voice of Thar (POEM)

VOICE OF THAR  *Dedicated to Thar People

Can you hear my thirst?
I am the Voice of Thar!

I do not have water
I do not have wheat
I do not eat meat


I cannot even speak
      As my throat is so dry
I cannot even work
     As my stomach is so weak
I cannot even sleep
    As my children are hungry
I cannot even cry
     As my Thar is dry!!!

I call upon your conscience
To donate to me
I call upon your emotions
To speak to me

I will tell you about
The voice of Thar ….
The summers are here
My eyes have fear
I hope you can hear
To wipe out my tears

I call upon the government
To do my consensus
I call upon the legislators
To make bills for me
I call upon the NGOs
To send trucks to me
I call upon the citizens
To make rations for me!!!

I hope you can hear
My cries in tears ….
I call upon your conscience 
To donate to me!!!

I am the Voice of Thar
I am the Voice of Death

I call upon your emotions
To bring life to me !!!!
I call upon your conscience
To donate to me !!!

I call upon your thirst ...
To make water filter plant for me !!!!
                                                                

Written By:  
KANWAL ABIDI

*Political Analyst & Journalist
 President @Mishal Welfare Trust

This poem was read twice on demand  
LIVE  at 5 hours special transmission on 3rd day of 
Telethon for Thar People @ ARY TV (16th March '14)