Monday 17 March 2014

Voice of Thar (POEM)

VOICE OF THAR  *Dedicated to Thar People

Can you hear my thirst?
I am the Voice of Thar!

I do not have water
I do not have wheat
I do not eat meat


I cannot even speak
      As my throat is so dry
I cannot even work
     As my stomach is so weak
I cannot even sleep
    As my children are hungry
I cannot even cry
     As my Thar is dry!!!

I call upon your conscience
To donate to me
I call upon your emotions
To speak to me

I will tell you about
The voice of Thar ….
The summers are here
My eyes have fear
I hope you can hear
To wipe out my tears

I call upon the government
To do my consensus
I call upon the legislators
To make bills for me
I call upon the NGOs
To send trucks to me
I call upon the citizens
To make rations for me!!!

I hope you can hear
My cries in tears ….
I call upon your conscience 
To donate to me!!!

I am the Voice of Thar
I am the Voice of Death

I call upon your emotions
To bring life to me !!!!
I call upon your conscience
To donate to me !!!

I call upon your thirst ...
To make water filter plant for me !!!!
                                                                

Written By:  
KANWAL ABIDI

*Political Analyst & Journalist
 President @Mishal Welfare Trust

This poem was read twice on demand  
LIVE  at 5 hours special transmission on 3rd day of 
Telethon for Thar People @ ARY TV (16th March '14)

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Is it possible if I share your poem to a website's blog section with link to this page and your name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation!!! yea you may sure share it by all means!
      The purpose of this poem is to make the "Voice of Thar" reach out far to masses and evoke humanity feelings !!!! Let me know the name of the blog!

      Delete